Nestlé in Society Report: Demonstrating how we enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future
Since our beginning, inspired by the scientific breakthrough of our founder Henri Nestlé, we have enhanced lives. Ten years ago we recognised these efforts as Creating Shared Value – value for our company and value for society.
Today marks another step towards demonstrating how we bring our purpose - enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future – to life, with the release of our 2016 Nestlé in society report.
This year’s report - Nestlé in society: Creating Shared Value and meeting our commitments 2016 - captures some of our key achievements over the past ten years, including:
- Delivering 207 billion servings of micronutrient fortified products
- Training and supporting 4 million farmers
- Giving 513,000 people access to clean water and sanitation
- Helping 2 million women develop skills
As Nestlé employees, we can be extremely proud of these achievements and the positive contribution our company has made to society.
Moving forward, we want to deliver an even greater impact, which is why we have defined three new bold ambitions towards 2030:
- For individuals and families: Help 50 million children lead healthier lives
- For our communities: Help improve 30 million livelihoods in communities directly connected to our business activities
- For the planet: Strive for zero environmental impact in our operations
All three of our ambitions support the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. They will also help us achieve our 42 Nestlé in society commitments by 2020.
The Nestlé in Society report, published alongside our 2016 Annual Review, provides details of the significant progress we have achieved. Want to know more?
Nestle's Annual Report for 2016 has also been published today